RGK Dance Academy's Upcoming Spring Session and Summer Course, Audition for Dancers to Join RGK Dance 2018 Performance Team & Upcoming shows:
•Spring Classes are starting from March 14, 2018 onward Plymouth location. New Registration OPEN NOW-Check the Schedule Page
• Tryout Audition for dancers to join RGK Dance 2018 Performance Team (inviting 12 to adults), Saturday February, 10, 1pm-3pm, RSVP, Email: email@example.com Location: Plymouth
• Holi Performance March 10, 2018
• RGK's 15th Anniversary Gala
A Benefit Bollywood Dance Drama, Sept. 29, 30, 2018, Please Save the Dates
RGK Dance Academy is celebrating 15th Anniversary with a Big Bang and new Bollywood Musical 2018 after a huge successful 2017 show "Dancing Bare Feet" for MN Fringe Festival 2017 and for RGK Dance 14th Annual Benefit Show for AshaUSA!!
2017 RGK Dance Benefit production
a humorous saga of a young girl's emotional journey, woven
with elements of nature and the riveting steps of Dancing Bare Feet
DANCING BARE FEET
A BOLLYWOOD DANCE DRAMA
Watch DANCING BARE FEET, video just published, one of the Best Reviewed shows from Minnesota Fringe 2017
We donated the revenue $11,000 to Second Harvest Heartland. RGK Dance supporters you would be glad to know that.
It will take care of 33,000 meal for needy people all over Minnesota.
R.G.K. Modern Indian Dance Academy- Empowering Womenand Children of all ages in MN for Fifteen Years!!
It is providing life enrichment to our students through teaching Bollywood/Folk dance and the performing arts.
We give back to society by donating proceeds of our annual academy's showcase productions.
Past beneficiaries include:
The Second Harvest Hartland 2016, Alzheimer's Association of Minnesota, Children's hospital, Vibha, Red Cross, CRY, Unite for Sight, Hindu temple of Minnesota and many more..
R.G.K. Modern Indian Dance Academy is the first professional dance Academy in the Midwestern United States to offer classes in the exhilarating and beautiful Bollywood, Folk, Semi Classical, Contemporary dance styles of India. People of all ages, shapes, sizes, and fitness levels are Welcome—Come prepared to have fun, shake your shoulders, and swing your hips to this contagious fusion style of dance at R.G.K. Modern Indian Dance Academy!
It is full of imagination, colorful costumes, and full body exercise. You'll find that Bollywood dance is fun and energetic, as well as excellent aerobic exercise.
• Since its founding, over 1400 students have created more than 71 innovative new works both locally and internationally, including academy’s fourteen annual musical charity Bollywood dance dramas here in Minnesota. Recently, Academy got an opportunity to perform in the Minnesota Fringe Festival 2017, 2014. Their both shows, DANCING BARE FEET, and "Best Bollywood Inn" and received a outstanding five stars reviews from the audience!
•RGK Dance Academy support community cause through Annual Benefit productions:Benefited organizations such as the AshaUSA, Second Harvest Heartland, Alzheimer’s Association of Minnesota, American Cancer Society of MN, Children's Hospital (cancer research), Red Cross (MN Tornado relief fund), Vibha (underprivileged children fund), Unite for Sight (free surgery for those in need) CRY America (child rights & you) and Hindu Temple of Minnesota. In addition to these, the academy also helps other nonprofit organizations in raising money through our dances and shows. See rgkdance.org/events.htm for a complete list of these annual shows.
• RGK Dance Academy has brought awareness of Indian culture and Dance in Minnesota via shows, performances, and workshops for different communities, universities, colleges, schools, and companies.
• Among other performances RGK has proudly performed in a Hollywood Movie: "Problem Solving the Republic” and Minnesota Twins, a baseball team at Target center and Mall of America!!
RGK Modern Indian Dance Academy welcome new and experienced dancers. All students get an opportunity to perform in a professional atmosphere at the school's annual musical dance drama and other community events. Students will also be participating, creating, interpreting, and producing an original dance Performance inspired by the culture of old, new India, and the world.
Preserving, promoting Indian heritage and culture, Teaching and Performing Indian Bollywood, Folk, Semi Classical, dance styles, Bollywood dancing is the new craze of dancing that has taken the world by storm. This eclectic dance combines Indian classical music fused with contemporary western dances. Indian dance has also been featured in Hollywood movies such as SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE, VANITY FAIR, and MONSOON WEDDING etc. in America and in other countries. It's fun and very expressive and there's a lot of deep meaning behind music in the films. You can actually express what the music means, through the graceful movements of the body.
DOOR (open the door to your dreams)- RGK Benefit Bollywood Dance Drama Show, Minnesota - Aired on TV Asia
* Empower students with skills in Indian Semi classical, Bollywood and Folk dances and encourage children/adults to participate in multi cultural dance programs and dance competitions.
* Celebrate RGK - An annual event for students to showcase their talent and all are awarded .
* Raise funds and support charity organizations through dance performances.
*Empower Women and Children by bringing their day today's life, strength, problems, social injustice, on stage.
*Judge Local, Regional dance events.
* Create opportunities for high schoolers & adults to hone their creative skills, to boost their self confidence.
* Offers corporate team building workshops with dance as a core theme
* Encourage and teach students to do an original choreography
* Bring community together through creativity, dance, shows
* Bridge the gap between American and Indian culture
Vision & Mission
R.G.K. Modern Indian Dance Academy is continuously working towards preserving and promoting Indian heritage and committed to helping the community through dances, art, and theater. RGK Dance also supports the community through its annual fundraising productions for different charities and strives to empower women and children, and bring the community together, beyond their differences.