R.G.K. Modern Indian Dance Academy- Empowering Womenand Children of all ages, in MN for Fifteen Years!!
It is providing life enrichment to our students through teahcing dance and the performing arts.
We give back to society by donating, procedding of our annual academy's showcase productions.
Past beneficiaries include:
The Alzheimer's Association of Minnesota, Children's hospital, Vibha, Red Cross, CRY, Unite for Sight, Hindu temple of Minnesota and many more..
R.G.K. Modern Indian Dance Academy is the first professional dance Academy in the Midwestern United States to offer classes in the exhilarating and beautiful Bollywood, Folk, Semi Classical, dance styles of India.
• Since it’s founding, has served over 1300 students and created more than 68 innovative new works both locally and internationally, including academy’s twelve annual musical charity Bollywood dance dramas here in Minnesota. Recently, Academy got an opportunity to perform in the Minnesota Fringe Festival 2015. Their show name was "Best Bollywood Inn", received a great five stars review from the audience!
• RGK Dance Academy has brought awareness of Indian culture and Dance in Minnesota via shows, performances, and workshops for different communities, universities, colleges, schools, and companies.
• Among other performances RGK has proudly performed in a Hollywood Movie: "Problem Solving the Republic” and Minnesota Twins, a baseball team at Target center and Mall of America!!
RGK Modern Indian Dance Academy, welcome new and experienced dancers. All students get an opportunity to perform in a professional atmosphere at the school's annual musical dance drama and other community events. Students will also be participating, creating, interpreting, and producing an original dance Performance inspired by the culture of old, new India, and the world.
Modern Indian Bollywood, Folk, Semi Classical, dance styles dancing is the new craze of dancing that has taken the world by storm. This eclectic dance combines Indian classical music fused with contemporary western dances. Indian dance has also been featured in Hollywood movies such as SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE, VANITY FAIR, and MONSOON WEDDING etc. in America and in other countries. It's fun and very expressive and there's a lot of deep meaning behind music in the films. You can actually express what the music means, through the graceful movements of the body.
It is full of imagination, colorful costumes, and full body exercise. You'll find that Bollywood dance is fun and energetic, as well as excellent aerobic exercise.
People of all ages, shapes, sizes, and fitness levels are Welcome—Come prepared to have fun, shake your shoulders, and swing your hips to this contagious fusion style of dance at R.G.K. Modern Indian Dance Academy!
DOOR (open the door to your dreams)- RGK Benefit Bollywood Dance Drama Show,Minnesota - Aired on TV Asia
* Empower students with skills in Indian Semi classical, Bollywood and Folk dances and encourage children/adults to participate in multi cultural dance programs and dance competitions.
* Celebrate RGK - An annual event for students to showcase their talent and all are awarded .
* Raise funds and support charity organizations through dance performances.
*Empower Women and Children by bringing their day today's life, strength, problems, social injustice, on stage.
*Judge Local, Regional dance events.
* Create opportunities for high schoolers & adults to hone their creative skills, to boost their self confidence.
* Offers corporate team building workshops with dance as a core theme
* Encourage and teach students to do an original choreography
* Bring community together through creativity, dance, shows
* Bridge the gap between American and Indian culture
Vision & Mission
R.G.K. Modern Indian Dance Academy is committed to helping the community through the teaching of Modern , Semi classical, Bollywood, Folk, Indian dances, Theater and Performing arts to Empower Women and Children and to bring the community together. The Academy also produces Indian, traditional, innovative, and collaborative works to train future generations and build local, national, and international community support for Indian dances, theater, and arts.