We are pleased to announce RGK Studio's 2018 Bollywood Benefit Production, and 15th Anniversary Gala show PARCHAAI (shadow) was super hit, sold out show.
A BOLLYWOOD DANCE DRAMA SHOW
Sunday, September 30th, 2018
Time: 2:30 PM
Where: MN MASONIC HERITAGE CENTER
a Benefit for the Ria foundation!
PARCHAAI (shadow) PROMO
"Parchaai (shadow), a Rhythmic Reflection of heart-throbbing dances of smooth and fast-paced movements in colorful costumes! An intricately woven tapestry of everlasting music and entertainment for the entire family!"
Tickets include complimentary Indian Food!
For Tickets CALL: 763-227-0740 or EMAIL: email@example.com
Proceeds from this show will go to Ria Patel Foundation. Ria Patel Foundation supports awareness to DWI and its impact on society.
RGK Dance Academy supports community causes
through annual Benefit productions:
2017 RGK Dance Benefit production
We had a successful 2017 show titled "Dancing Bare Feet" for MN Fringe Festival 2017 and for our RGK Dance 14th Annual Benefit Show for AshaUSA!!
DANCING BARE FEET, video just published, one of the Best Reviewed shows from Minnesota Fringe 2017
We donated the revenue $11,000 to Second Harvest Heartland. RGK Dance supporters you would be glad to know that.
It will take care of 33,000 meal for needy people all over Minnesota.
R.G.K. Modern Indian Dance Academy- Empowering Womenand Children of all ages in MN for Fifteen Years!!
It is providing life enrichment to our students through teaching Bollywood/Folk dance and the performing arts.
We give back to society by donating proceeds of our annual academy's showcase productions.
Past beneficiaries include:
The Second Harvest Heartland, AshaUSA, Alzheimer's Association of Minnesota, Children's hospital, American Cancer Society, Vibha, Red Cross, CRY (children right and you), Unite for Sight, Hindu Temple of Minnesota and many more..
R.G.K. Modern Indian Dance Academy is the first professional dance Academy in the Midwestern United States to offer classes in the exhilarating and beautiful Bollywood, Folk, Semi Classical, Contemporary dance styles of India. People of all ages, shapes, sizes, and fitness levels are Welcome—Come prepared to have fun, shake your shoulders, and swing your hips to this contagious fusion style of dance at R.G.K. Modern Indian Dance Academy!
It is full of imagination, colorful costumes, and full body exercise. You'll find that Bollywood dance is fun and energetic, as well as excellent aerobic exercise.
• Since its founding, over 1400 students have created more than 71 innovative new works both locally and internationally, including academy’s fourteen annual musical charity Bollywood dance dramas here in Minnesota. Recently, Academy got an opportunity to perform in the Minnesota Fringe Festival 2017, 2014. Their both shows, DANCING BARE FEET, and "Best Bollywood Inn" and received a outstanding five stars reviews from the audience!
•RGK Dance Academy support community cause through Annual Benefit productions:Benefited organizations such as the AshaUSA, Second Harvest Heartland, Alzheimer’s Association of Minnesota, American Cancer Society of MN, Children's Hospital (cancer research), Red Cross (MN Tornado relief fund), Vibha (underprivileged children fund), Unite for Sight (free surgery for those in need) CRY America (child rights & you) and Hindu Temple of Minnesota. In addition to these, the academy also helps other nonprofit organizations in raising money through our dances and shows. See rgkdance.org/events.htm for a complete list of these annual shows.
• RGK Dance Academy has brought awareness of Indian culture and Dance in Minnesota via shows, performances, and workshops for different communities, universities, colleges, schools, and companies.
• Among other performances RGK has proudly performed in a Hollywood Movie: "Problem Solving the Republic” and Minnesota Twins, a baseball team at Target center and Mall of America!!
RGK Modern Indian Dance Academy welcome new and experienced dancers. All students get an opportunity to perform in a professional atmosphere at the school's annual musical dance drama and other community events. Students will also be participating, creating, interpreting, and producing an original dance Performance inspired by the culture of old, new India, and the world.
Preserving, promoting Indian heritage and culture, Teaching and Performing Indian Bollywood, Folk, Semi Classical, dance styles, Bollywood dancing is the new craze of dancing that has taken the world by storm. This eclectic dance combines Indian classical music fused with contemporary western dances. Indian dance has also been featured in Hollywood movies such as SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE, VANITY FAIR, and MONSOON WEDDING etc. in America and in other countries. It's fun and very expressive and there's a lot of deep meaning behind music in the films. You can actually express what the music means, through the graceful movements of the body.
DOOR (open the door to your dreams)- RGK Benefit Bollywood Dance Drama Show, Minnesota - Aired on TV Asia
* Empower students with skills in Indian Semi classical, Bollywood and Folk dances and encourage children/adults to participate in multi cultural dance programs and dance competitions.
* RGK Productions- An annual event for students to showcase their talent and all are awarded .
* Raise funds and support charity organizations through dance performances.
*Empower Women and Children by bringing their day to day life, strengths, problems, and social injustice, to the stage.
*Judge local and regional dance events.
* Create opportunities for high schoolers & adults to hone their creative skills and boost their self confidence.
* Offer corporate team building workshops with dance as a core theme
* Encourage and teach students to do an original choreography
* Bring community together through creativity, dance, shows
* Bridge the gap between American and Indian culture
Vision & Mission
R.G.K. Modern Indian Dance Academy is continuously working towards preserving and promoting Indian heritage and committed to helping the community through dances, art, and theater. RGK Dance also supports the community through its annual fundraising productions for different charities and strives to empower women and children, promote diversity and bring the community together.